Thursday 3 November 2011

Two finished portraits!


Both acrylic, marker pen, and embroidery

Today I finished the second portrait, and I'm very happy with these two. Initially I was concerned about using yellow and orange over grey tones, but I really like the the texture coming from the grey. This also serves to emphasise the concept of layering in the work.
Looking at these portraits, I'm struck by the richness of them, coming from the multiple layers and different elements. I think the continuous line drawings on each canvas really contribute to the intensity to the work. I also notice how more experimental colours really affect the mood and style.
I'm really happy, have already painted the background for the next canvas, and I'm ready to get back on it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment